June 10, 2012
4:02 pm 0 comments
Well, now that the NJ Devils have made it a series….
What are the keys for the Devils to win game 6 in LA?
- Improve the offensive attack. SOG and scoring chances in game 5 were dreadful. We scored on a bad mistake by Quick and a lucky bounce for Sal. We generated way more scoring chances in games 1-3 and did not score. While Marty has worked hard all series, Quick took a rest game 5.
- Forecheck. It did not exists in game 5 and the Kings brokeout and rushed up the ice into our zone way too easily. Are we too tired to forecheck? If that is the case we need to figure something else out. TRAP ANYONE?
- Score on the Power-Play. Calling Zach Parise… I told everyone before game 5 that in order to win Zach needed to score and we needed to score on the PP. And there ya go. Devils will win the series if they can score on the PP. Kings are very strong 5-5 and we have lost our advantage there that we have had on every other team this year.
- Don’t lose Williams and Carter. Richards looks tried so we need to focus and never lose Williams and Carter on the ice. They are getting way too many chances.
- To over use the overused phrase, “Our best players need to be our best players.” Travis Zajac, Zach Parise and Ilya Kovalchuck (excused for injury), we need you guys to get some points. The Devils magical 4th line isn’t going to with this one for the Devils.
- Coach Deboer, it maybe time to put some fresh legs in. Watching a slower-every-game Volchenkov get skated around is going to burn us. How about Harrold? he played so well and has speed. Fayne has struggled this series too. What about Josephson? Anyone think sitting an injured Kovy for Josefson might be a bold but worth-it move?
- Play 2 defenseman at the points on the Power-Play. It saved us game 5 from getting scored upon short-handed. Kovy is not well enough to play the point and the Kings pressure so well. We have trouble keeping the puck in the zone so why not? We have yet to score a controlled PP goal. This seems like a no-brainer.
- We need to have the greatest goaltender to ever play, to be in net for us. Oh wait, we do. Yes, Marty needs to continue to be marvelous.
DeBoer will probably do none of this and the Devils will win. That’s why I watch games from the stands and not the bench.
Follow me on Twitter @1MSweetwood
Visit the largest NJ Devils fan forum at http://www.njdevs.com
Let yourself be heard!